CannonRide - Ozark Adventure Tour (OZAT) (MO/AR)

Description of your first forum.

CannonRide - Ozark Adventure Tour (OZAT) (MO/AR)

Postby Cannonshot » Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

This is a 2,000 mile adventure bike ride through the Ozark and Quachita Mountains in Missouri and Arkansas. It involves rugged forest roads, water crossings, and twisty and rolling highway miles.

A short version of the route (1,200) can be ridden by choosing the tracks between Pochontas and Parks, AR.

Ride report that cover the ride is here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/c ... r.1218181/

There is a lot of interesting off-pavement riding on this path that includes local roads and forest roads. It also includes some great highway riding.

The scenery is wonderful all along the path.

Everyone knows that the rolling and twisting road riding in Arkansas and Missouri is fantastic. One of the reasons for making this a big bike ride was to take in some of those opportunities.

There are a lot of water crossings on this path. Some you can make, some you can't - it depends on current conditions.

I had a blast riding my big bike. There are a couple of spots that I need to warn people with big bikes off of though. I'll cover those in the report.

Some nice wildlife viewing along the way.

Some interesting stops along the way.

Some CannonView history and stories to tell as well.

I'll visit some familiar places I've enjoyed in the past and discover some new ones along the way.

I really recommend this ride. It is scenic and entertaining and offers more technical challenges that you might realize at first.

My overall path is about 2,000 miles. My trip about 3,000 miles. As part of the path, I included some dual sport routes that are described in an Arkansas motorcycling brochure. Some of those were familiar rides, and some were new and exciting. Many thanks to the people responsible for those rides. Off the top of my head I think I garnered about 600 miles of the 2,000 miles of this route from the DS routes in the guide.

For those that want a shorter route, or perhaps a route for smaller bikes that concentrates on the more off pavement segments, I'll share a shorter version that knocks down the core to about 1,250 miles.

As always I'll publish comprehensive GPS files for both routes with a ton of waypoints to make it easier for others to plan and execute a ride of their own. I'll also share a lot of detailed information about road surfaces, hazards, and other useful information that answers questions people might have.

A little video clip. Of course, steepness doesn't show.
[MEDIA=youtube]qb1kuXKAEag[/MEDIA]
Attachments
OZAT Share 1.3.gpx
Ozark Adventure Tour
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Cannonshot

Return to Cannontracks